Thursday, May 28, 2015

Summer Blockbuster

I wish all online discussions went as smoothly and informatively as the one I just experienced on The Radavist.

Angry Internet Man (me): I HATE EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW. LET ME GO COMMENT ON A RADAVIST ARTICLE. GRRRR!

Radavist Man: Unhelpful, non-quantifiable words and conclusion about my angry comment.

Angry Internet Man: THIS DOES NOT SATIATE ME!

Manufacturer of Bicycle in Article: Here are some actual dimensions out to three significant digits and my thought process behind the fabrication of these parts.

Angry Internet Man: Okay...well, I can't argue with numbers very easily. You have alleviated my anger and quelled the internet beast within. For now, the city is safe.

*Credits roll......*

*Post-credit secret scene appears!*

Manufacturer of Bicycle in Article: Here is a self-deprecating comment about people's eyes glazing over because of my ENGINEERING-TALK.

Angry Internet Man: What the fuck!? Don't bring yourself down to that level. Take pride in being able to slap people in the face with information like that. You're obviously not just a dingus putting bikes together, but rather one who at the very least takes into consideration how something should be fabricated, the necessary circularity of mating components, tolerances, etc.

Granted, someone's eyes might glaze over the actual numbers, but at the very least they should realize the importance of such a paragraph's mere existence. This paragraph should represent to your customers that you know what the fuck you're doing and that the ENVE carbon bars won't blow up because you could just have easily fabricated a stupid shitty stem to slap on that fancy powdercoated bike.

*Screen goes dark. Theater lighting illuminates.*

No comments:

Post a Comment